Our mission is to provide Laredo College with the administrative, business and financial support required for addressing the college’s Institutional Mission.
Our vision is to be as transparent as possible, be interested in others’ views, be able to make better decisions, be accountable and be concerned for others.
- Transparency: We will share all relevant information about our work, including our feelings and our emotions.
- Curiosity: We are genuinely interested in others’ views and seek them out so that we may be able to learn from one another.
- Informed choice: We will act in ways to maximize our own abilities and the abilities of others to make better decisions on relevant information.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our own actions.
- Compassion: We are concerned for others. We will suspend judgment of others’ mistakes in order to be able to appreciate other people’s situations.
The office’s functional duties include:
- business and financial affairs
- planning and budgeting
- real estate
- legal affairs
- auxiliary enterprises: bookstore and food services
Our primary responsibility is to provide leadership and direction to the college units that provide the services listed in our mission. These services are provided to all constituencies of the college, including:
- the governing board of trustees
- community citizens and organizations
The Finance Division oversees:
- Auxiliary Enterprises
- Comptroller’s Office
- Accounting Office
- Bursar’s Office
- Payroll Office
- Purchasing Office
- Property Inventory