Safety & Risk Management

Driving College Vehicles

If driving a college vehicle is part of your job duties, whether it’s every day or just occasionally to a conference you should have a college vehicle operator’s permit. They are easy to get. We also offer special classes for those of you that drive some of the college’s specialized vehicles such as fork lifts and the utility vehicles.


All drivers of College vehicles should fill out the application and release of driving record. Turn the completed form in to the Safety & Risk Management office for processing. They will take a photo of your current driver’s license at that time. Results of the DPS record check will be forwarded to you within two weeks.
For those taking the specialized class for driving the forklifts and or the utility vehicles you should fill out the application for the Laredo College Driver's permit as well. Bring both forms to your driver’s education class and print the training guide.