High School Student-Eligibility Requirements
- Be a Hispanic and/or other low-income transfer student interested in pursuing a degree in the following fields’ science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Have an 80% High School GPA.
- Have met all LCC Entrance Requirements.
- Complete FAFSA application on file.
- Complete STEM Articulation Application and submit all required documentation.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
STEM Scholar-Ongoing Requirements
- Students must enroll full-time (at least 12 hours per long semester) and maintain a semester GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students must have an intention of completing their first 2-years of study at Laredo Community College with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a Sciences,Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics field at an accredited university.
- Students will be required to complete their own individual STEM Scholar Development Plan and Agreement.
- Students must meet with a STEM Academic Advisor four times throughout the semester.
- Students must actively participate in mathematics/science tutorial labs.
- Students must attend all STEM scholars’ activities, events, and academic meetings.
- Students must become and remain active members of the LCC STEM Campus Community Club.
- Students will be required to do volunteer work within STEM fields.
- Each student’s record will be reviewed after each semester and the level of continued support will be determined, based, on their semester performance, level of participation in the scholar community, and progress toward your degree (hours and grades completed each semester).
The following documentation must be received before an individual’s eligibility is determined:
- Copy of high school transcripts or GED certificate
- Typed 300 word essay on “My Education and Career Goals”
- Copy of SAT, ACT, Assessment THEA Scores, TCOMP scores (whichever applies)
- Two letters of support
- Copy of Financial Aid award letter (for current semester)
- Copy of LCC acceptance letter
- Copy of citizenship documentation (driver’s license, ID card, U.S. passport, residency card with copy of VISA, etc)