The Distance Education Advisory Council (DEAC), comprised of faculty members, technical staff, and support service representatives, serves to advise and support the continuing advancement and development of the eLearning & Instructional Innovation Center programs, initiatives, and address technology goals.
The purpose of the Distance Education Advisory Council is to:
- Develop and recommend standards of good practice for distance learning courses.
- Assist in the evaluation of distance learning activities and recommend changes to improve instructional outcomes.
- Review and recommend online support services for faculty and students.
- Provide a forum for sharing, disseminating, and collaborating among distance learning faculty.
- Propose the development of online courses to target certificates and degrees to be delivered by distance learning.
- Recommend and work on providing staff development and resources to develop and implement distance learning courses.
- Support the campus community by serving as a resource for the development of distance learning modes of instruction at both campuses.
Recommendations: Forwarded to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Meetings: Once per semester based on availability of council members.