In 2009 a the Texas Legislature passed a House Bill (HB-2504) "relating to requiring a public institution of higher education to establish uniform standards for publishing cost of attendance information, to conduct student course evaluations of faculty, and to make certain information available on the Internet".
This webpage can be accessed directly by typing http://www.laredo.edu/hb2504/ from your favorite browser.
- establish and maintain an online list of work-study employment opportunities, sorted by department as appropriate, available to students on the institution's campus.
- ensure that the list is easily accessible to the public through a clearly identifiable link that appears in a prominent place on the financial aid page of the institution's Internet website.
to access the list of Work-Study Employment Opportunities
if available, a departmental budget report of the department under which the course is offered, from the most recent semester or other academic term during which the institution offered the course.
Click here to access the departmental budget
The board shall prescribe uniform standards intended to ensure that information regarding the cost of attendance at institutions of higher education is available to the public in a manner that is consumer-friendly and readily understandable to prospective students and their families. You may read more on the on this topic by reading the section (Uniform Standards for Publications of Cost of Attendance Information) at http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/81R/billtext/html/HB02504F.HTM
Click here to see Laredo Community College's tuition and fees.
Institutions of higher education included in this section shall conduct end-of-course student evaluations of faculty and develop a plan to make evaluations available on the institution's website.
Click here to access the end-of-course student evaluation on faculty
- satisfies any standards adopted by the institution;
- provides a brief description of each major
- course requirement, including each major assignment and examination;
- lists any required or recommended reading; and
- provides a general description of the subject matter of each lecture or discussion.
to access the syllabus information by department
- a curriculum vitae of each regular instructor that
- lists the instructor's:
- post-secondary education;
- teaching experience; and
- significant professional publications
Click here to access the list of faculty and their curriculum