Campus Carry at Laredo College
As of June 2015, Texas Governor Gregg Abbott signed
Senate Bill 11, which permits licensed individuals to carry concealed handguns
on public college and university campuses in Texas beginning August 1, 2017.
After meaningful discussions with students, staff, and faculty regarding safety
considerations, the nature of the student population, and the uniqueness of the
campus environment, Laredo College has adopted rules and regulations
on Campus Carry.
The following areas are designated as “No-Carry” zones
where the carry of handguns is strictly prohibited:
1. All day care facilities located at Laredo College;
2. All outdoor sports complexes and fields
located at Fort McIntosh and the South Campuses;
3. Maravillo Gym located at the Fort McIntosh Campus;
4. Special services center offices located at
Fort McIntosh and the South Campuses;
5. Federal Water Commission Building (P-27)
located on the Fort McIntosh Campus;
6. The concealed carry of handguns is
prohibited in areas in which formal hearings are being conducted, including
rooms 101, 102, and the Samuel A. Meyer Board Room located in the Elpha Lee
West Administrative Building at the Fort Macintosh Campus and the Dean's Conference Room located in room 215 of the Billy Hall Student Center.
7. The Campus Ministries Building (P-134)
located on the Fort McIntosh Campus.
For a complete list of rules and regulations, CLICK HERE.