Act Funding (MSI)
The Financial Aid Emergency Grant
Application is now available for qualified students who are eligible to receive
funding from the CRRSA Act Grant-Minority Serving Institution. Laredo College
students who were enrolled in the SUMMER
2021 semester and were impacted by the COVID -19 pandemic, can submit this
Laredo College has received the U.S.
Department of Education Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERFII)
funded by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act,
which was passed by Congress and signed into law in December 27, 2020.
Act Minority Serving Institution money will be distributed to students that
meet certain requirements. These funds are used to support students with the
most financial need arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
funds will be used to address Financial Hardship due to coronavirus, such as
tuition, food, housing, health care (Including Mental), childcare and/or any
component of student’s cost of attendance.
To receive the Summer CRRSA Act
Funds (MSI), eligible students must meet the following criteria:
enrolled for at least 1 eligible credit hour or more for Summer Session
- Demonstrate exceptional financial need
Summer Financial Hardship
- Any component of cost of attendance
- Lack of educational support
- Housing Health Care Child Care
- Transportation & Personal
CRRSA Act (MSI) Questions & Answers
(Q & A)
1.Do I need to complete a FAFSA
to receive Summer CRRSA Act (MSI) funds?
- No, funds are distributed
based on exceptional need
2. How much funding is available?
- Total CRRSAA (MSI) funds
3. An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004 (a) (2) of the CARES Act (MSI) to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
4.Total amount of CRRSA Act (MSI) distributed to students:
- As of August 31, 2021 Laredo College
has distributed $819,706.00 of HEERF II (CRRSAA-(MSI) funds
5. Total estimated total number of students at the institution
eligible to participate under CRRSAA-(MSI)
- Laredo College has identified
approximately 1,664 eligible students to receive CRRSAA-MSI funds
6. Total number of students who have received CRRSA Act (MSI)
- Out of 1,664 eligible students from
Summer I, 488 students received the CRRSA Act (MSI) funds (Additional 837
students from Summer I received funds from other HEERF funds)
7. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which
students receive CRRSAA-(MSI) and how much they would receive under Section
314(a)(2) of the HEERF II (CRRSAA). As required by CRRSAA, Laredo College
prioritize students with exceptional
- Laredo College awarded:
- $1,700.00 to students who had an EFC of Zero (0).
- $1,400.00 to students who had an EFC of 1 – 5700.
- $1,110.00 to students enrolled with EFC greater than
5700 and no FAFSA application
- Can undocumented students and
international students receive funds under the Summer CRRSA Act (MSI)?
- Yes, international,
undocumented and DACA students are eligible for CRRSA Act (MSI) funding
- Are students enrolled in a
non-degree or certificate program eligible for Summer CRRSA Act (MSI) funds?
- Yes, all students enrolled are
- I have an outstanding
tuition/housing balance for the current semester; would these funds be
applied to that balance?
- No, the funds will be sent
directly to you.
- How long before I receive
- Requests will be processed on
a first-come, first-served basis.
- How will I receive funds if my
request is approved?
- Direct deposit is the fastest
way to receive your funds. If you do not have direct deposit with the
Bursar’s Office, please request the BankMobile Option.
- Can these funds affect other
aid that I have already received?
- No, Summer CRRSA Act (MSI) Funds
will not reduce your financial aid package.
- Are Summer CRRSA Act (MSI) Funds
taxable and included on a 1098-T?
- This grant is legally exempt
from 1098-T reporting and exempt from taxation altogether.
- How much funding is available?
- Total CRRSAA (MSI) funds $819,706.00
- If I have an institutional debt
(Emergency Loans, TPEG Loans, Return 2 Title IV, Installment Plan, etc),
will I have to use the Summer CRRSA Act (MSI) Emergency Funding to cover
- No, the Summer CRRSA Act (MSI)
funds get reimbursed directly to students. It is up to the student to use
the CRRSA Act (MSI) Emergency Funding to pay the outstanding
Please check your LC Email and/or
the Financial Aid Website: http://www.laredo.edu/cms/fa/ for details and updates. In addition, stay tuned for communications from Laredo
College regarding the distribution of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
For further information or
questions, please email email@example.com or call 956-721-5361/956-794-4360.