(Return to Title IV)
Title IV funds are awarded with the assumption that a student will attend an entire award period. A student earns Title IV aid as he/ she progresses through the academic term. If the student completely withdraws prior to completion of the term unearned Title IV aid must be calculated and returned.
- Student initiates withdrawal through ERS (Enrollment Registration Services).
- Up through the 60% point in each award period, a pro rata schedule is used to determine the amount of FSA funds the student has earned at the time of withdrawal. After the 60% point in the period of enrollment, a student has earned 100% of the Title IV funds.
- For a student who completely withdraws after the 60% point-in-time, there are no unearned funds. However, a school must still complete a Return calculation in order to determine whether the student is eligible for a post-withdrawal disbursement.
- The requirements for the treatment of Title IV funds when a student completely withdraws apply to any recipient of Title IV grant or loan funds that ceases all attendance and is entitled to receive a late disbursement of Title IV funds.
- Please note that if the student never actually began attendance for the payment period or period of enrollment, R2T4 does not apply. L.C. cancels Pell and loans for students who are dropped on or before the 12th class day in a semester or 4th class day in the summer.
Step 1: Add Student's Total Title IV Aid:
- Subsidized Direct Loans
- Pell, FSEOG, Etc.
Step 2: Percentage of Title IV Earned:
- Using semester start, end date, and withdrawal date calculate days completed
- Completed days divided by total days in term= percentage earned
Step 3: Amount of Title IV Aid Earned by Student
- Multiply the percentage of Title IV aid earned by the Total Title IV aid disbursed = Amount of Title IV Aid earned by student
Step 4: Amount to be returned
- Total Title IV Aid minus Amount on unearned Title Iv Aid = Amount of Title IV Aid to be returned
The School must credit refunds due to the return to Title IV programs in the following order:
- Outstanding balances of Federal Direct Loans
- Federal PELL Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Other Title IV Aid
- To the student
Student may withdraw from a course(s) by completing an ADD/Drop Form which can be obtained in the Office of the Registrar and Admissions, Lerma- Peña Building Rm 116, Ft. McIntosh, Bill Hall Student Center Rm 113 at the South Campus or it can also be found online at www.laredo.edu under Student Services. It is the student's responsibility to submit the Add/Drop form to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions by the Last Date to Drop with a "W".
- Students must first clear their Non-Self Advise Hold with their advisor/counselor.
- Login to : http://PASPort.laredo.edu
- Student's Tab, Select Add/Drop
- Complete the Information Requested
- Press the Submit button