Student Rights & Responsibilities
Standards of Academic Policy and Procedures:
- I am aware that in order to comply with Title IV Department of
Education regulations, LC Student Financial Aid &Veterans Affairs Services
Center has set Standards of Academic Progress policy for financial aid.
According to federal and state guidelines, students must maintain these standards in order to be eligible to receive
and maintain Title IV financial assistance.
- I understand that at the end of each semester, I must have
satisfactorily completed 67% of cumulative
attempted hours including any accepted transfer credits. Attempted hours
include, “F” Failed, “W” withdrawal, “NP” No pass, and “I” Incomplete.
- I understand that I must maintain a grade point average that is consistent with the graduation requirements for my program along with a 2.0 minimal grade point average.
- I understand that once I have attempted credit hours in excess of 150% of the program's required hours I will be ineligible for Title IV financial
- Number of credit hours for degree from catalog multiplied by 1.5 =
total amount of attempted credit hours allowable (60 credit hours X 1.5 = 90
- I understand that if I fail to meet the GPA and/or completion rate requirements listed above, I will be placed on financial aid warning for one
semester, and will be required to attend a mandatory meeting designed to assist me to meet the requirements to remain eligible for financial aid. If I do not meet the GPA and/or completion requirements after the warning semester, I will be placed on financial aid suspension. While on financial aid suspension, I will
not be eligible for any federal or state financial aid, including some scholarships.
- A student may appeal their suspension status. A completed appeal form
and required supporting documentation must be submitted to the Student
Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs Services Center for review by the
Standards of Academic Progress Committee by the dates posted in the Student
Financial Aid & Veterans Affairs Services Center or online. The
instructions to file an appeal and deadline dates can be found at www.laredo.edu/cms/fa. Submission of an appeal form does not guarantee reinstatement of
- Financial aid may be reinstated by enrolling and successfully
completing the appropriate number of credit hours needed to achieve a
satisfactory cumulative completion rate (67%) and/or a satisfactory cumulative
GPA. I am responsible for payment of classes while on FA suspension status. A
student may seek out other funding sources or use his/her own resources to pay
- I certify that all the information provided for my financial aid file
is true and correct to the best of my/our knowledge.
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements:
- I must be a US citizen or
- I must be registered with
Selective Service (if male)
- I must be admitted to a
degree or certificate program
- I must be making Satisfactory
- I must not owe a refund on a
- I must not be in default on a
Federal Educational Loan
Title IV Fund Disbursement Authorization Statement:
- I authorize Laredo College to
apply my Title IV funds to my student account for my allowable charges, other
cost- of-attendance charges, and all other non-institutional charges that I
- I understand that this
authorization will remain valid through the 21-22 award years. I understand
that I will be responsible for
paying any outstanding debts to Laredo College if my financial aid award does
- Federal student aid funds can
be used to pay for “non-institutional charges” only if your written
authorization is obtained to pay those charges. This form will allow the
Bursar’s Office to apply your federal financial aid to your non-institutional charges.
- I am aware that no funds will
be disbursed to me if I have a balance owed at Laredo College, including costs
remaining from prior terms. I certify that Laredo College has my current
address so that aid disbursements tools can be delivered to me.
- I am aware that any aid that
cannot be delivered to me is returned to the Department of Education.