The College District is an equal opportunity employer that does not permit or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by law in its recruiting, hiring, training, retaining, promoting, and other employment practices and policies.
The College District is committed to full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws that apply and are intended to protect against unlawful employment practices including, but not limited to:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963;
- The Americans with Disabilities Act;
- The Rehabilitation Act of 1973;
- The Vietnam Era Veterans Assistance Act of 1974;
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008;
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993;
- The Fair Labor Standards Act; and
- The Texas Commission on Human Rights Act.
All members of the College District community shall be expected to promote and assist in providing equal employment opportunity and achieving the goals of this policy.